Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Baptism

     "When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him and He saw that the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him and suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." ~Matthew 3:16-17.
        This Bible Passage has an amazing message in it, and I am here to share with you all what The Lord has been saying to me through this Matthew 3:16-17 Bible Passage.  This Word came upon me during our church service last week.  It was during our announcements toward the end of the church service.  Anyway, it was announced to us last week that our church will be having six if not seven baptisms this coming Sunday on July 5th.  I've been thinking about that and being all fired up about it this entire week! I can't wait, I'm so happy about this because this is a huge leap of faith and in the right direction for our growing church.  When a person becomes baptized, that means that they are rededicating themselves to The Lord and to our church.  It also means that these people are getting rid of their old ways and are inviting in their new ways. 
        This is going to be awesome for me to see and to be a witness of because I was in the exact same boat as these people currently are about five years ago today.  That was when I decided to change my life for the better and to die to all of my old ways and fully give my new self to The Lord.  It was one of the best feelings that I could have ever had in my entire life.  I was cleansed from the inside out on that great day and it is all because of The Lord and what He's done in my life so far on this very day! This was the first time in a long time that I was finally at peace and in full agreement with The Lord.  I look forward to the plans that He has for my life in the near future.  I do not know what they are yet, but The Lord does and I have a feeling that I'm going in the right direction as to what The Lord has planned for me.  It's going to be astonishing and super exciting.  My life with The Lord is never dull because He always has an intriguing adventure planned out on a daily basis! 
       Especially since He knows that I'm in retail.  To those who used to work and still are in retail, you all know exactly what I'm talking about here.  Correct? I'm sure that all who are reading this blog at the moment are curious as to where all of this excitement will be taking place next week?  Well, lucky for you, I'll be sharing this information with you on this particular blog: We are going to have our usual worship and whatnot at the church and then directly after church we'll be going to the YMCA in Reading, MA.  That is where all of these baptisms will be taking place.  Here's the address of the Church: It is called, Christ the King Church 4 Railroad, Avenue, Suite 309 Wakefield,Massachusetts 01880.  The Church service starts at 10:30 am sharp and please do not be late! This is quite the important day in history for Christ the King Church.  The music is amazing and really hits home for specific people, so please come and enjoy the service and just listen to some soothing and comforting music.
      Should you decide to come on Sunday, I promise to you all that it will instantly be worth it.  But on a side note, I'm also stepping out in faith and starting a Young Women's Group, so please come and join us, we'd absolutely love to have you.  All are welcome and just remember that none of us are out of God's reach.  We all have a past, but it's okay, you are loved and have been forgiven by a loving and gracious God.  Thank you all and God Bless! I will talk to you soon and I hope to see you in church on Sunday.

In Christ, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment